In order to get a residency in Govt. Institutes of Punjab, candidates need to apply in Punjab Residency Program (PRP) | Central Induction Policy (CIP). It’s an online process i.e. candidates need to fill the form online on the official website (http://prp.phf.gop.pk/) of PRP. (Before September 2020 induction, the official website was https://prp.punjab.gov.pk/
Foreign Candidates and candidates from provinces other than Punjab can also apply against fixed quota.
Recent Induction (Jan-Feb 2022)
- Application opening from 31st Jan. 2022 to 07th Feb. 2022 (Check Notice)
- Application Website: http://prp.phf.gop.pk/
- PRP Portal Internal Links: http://www.upmed.net/prp-portal-internal-links/
- House Job Marks Policy: http://www.upmed.net/house-job-marks-for-jan-feb-2022-and-onward-inductions/
- Cancellation of Attempt marks in this induction: http://www.upmed.net/cancellation-of-attempt-marks-for-jan-feb-2022-induction/
- Journal Enlisted in Portal: http://www.upmed.net/cip-research-journals-list-displayed-in-jan-feb-2022-induction/
- Grievance Committee: At KEMU(Lahore), w.e.f. 13-02-2022 to 15-02-2022.
- Date of Provisional Gazette: 17th Feb. 2022.
- Grievance Committee: Incase any one is having issues with the provisional gazettee, then the candidates may visit to Grievance Redressal Committee dated 18.02.2022 (9:30AM – 7:00PM) at office of Pro-Vice Chancellor KEMU.
- First Merit List displayed on 21st Feb. 2022. Consent to be given before 22-02-2022 (04PM)
- Second List displayed on 22nd Feb. 2022. Consent to be given before 23-02-2022 (06PM).
- Third List displayed on 23rd Feb. 2022. Consent to be given before 24th February, 2022 (08PM)
- Joining Date: The finally selected candidates will have to join their respective institutes from 25-02-2022 to 26-02-2022. (Tentative)
|Demonstration of the application portal in this video|
|Journal Selection for PRP / CIP Induction|
|Final Merit List|
|Lowest Aggregates of all Lists|
- 50% of the total seats for FCPS Candidates
- 50% of the total seats for MD/MS/MDS Candidates
- 93% seats are for Punjab
- 6% seats are for other regions distributed as:
- 2% seats are for foreign candidates
- 2% seats for AJK, Gilgit, Islamabad
- 2% seats for Sindh, KPK, and Baluchistan
- 1% for disabled candidates of Punjab Province (From the discipline of Anesthesia, Radiology & Pathology). Note: If you opt for disable Quota then you won’t be able to apply in any other quota/general quota.
The total aggregate will be 100 and the marks distributed as:
- 40 marks for JCAT or FCPS part 1 exam. All the candidates who have passed FCPS One will get 30 marks out of forty. And JCAT candidates will get their marks according to their marks in JCAT.
- 20 marks for Degree (Islamiat and Pak. Studies marks included)
- 5 marks for research i.e. Maximum of 2 pieces of research are acceptable and 2.5 marks for each research. Marks will be given only for the published research paper. The first three authors will get the marks. (Give Reference DOI Links of the Journals. No Credit will be given if the DOI link fails to open up.) Research Journal to be listed in JCR and HJRS. Understand this by watching this video
- 20 marks for Experience and distinctions.
- Maximum two distinctions are acceptable and 2 marks for each distinction.
- Experience will be counted (if served for 3 or more months) (Note: Less than 3 months will not be counted).
- 2.5 marks (for three months) will be awarded for BHU or RHC or Rural dispensary (up to 2 years counted).
- 1.5 marks (for three months) will be awarded for THQ, Non-teaching DHQ, and Urban dispensary (up to 3 years and 4 months counted).
- 1 mark (for three months) will be awarded for Tertiary Healthcare Level (up to 5 years counted).
- In the case of an “Adhoc” appointment, a maximum gap of 7 days between two consecutive ad-hoc appointments in the same institute will be considered to count for the experience marks.
- Marks will be awarded only to those who worked in Punjab. No marks will be awarded for the experience of tertiary care hospitals of other provinces or private hospitals.
- House Job: Five marks for house job from the parent institution of Punjab and 2.5 marks if not done from parent institute. Read other cases of House Job in detail at this link: http://www.upmed.net/house-job-marks-for-jan-feb-2022-and-onward-inductions/
- Five marks for preferring your parent institute i.e. Institute of graduation/teaching hospital (From where MBBS/ BDS was done. This should be among Punjab Govt. Institute. Private Institutes are not included in this.)
- Attempt Marks (In Jan. 2020 and Jan. 2022 Induction, these marks were not awarded.): For Pakistani Graduates: Five marks for the number of attempts in each professional during graduation. For foreign graduates: If someone passed all the three steps of NEB in the first attempt then he/she will get five marks. If he/she passed even a single step in second or more attempts, then no marks will be awarded. (See policy for this and this screenshot is taken from the portal in Jan. 2021 induction)
- Your CNIC (Front & Back)
- Profile Picture
- Domicile (Front & Back). Back is usually “white / Clear” as it has no data. But you will also upload that.
- All the Detailed Marks Certificates of MBBS / BDS. If you passed through the semester system, then it would contain eight or ten documents. Scan 2 documents together i.e. of the same year; then upload.
- House Job Certificate
- Matriculation Certificate
- MBBS Degree Certificate (If the degree is not issued yet, you can upload a token issued by University after applying for the degree. A Provisional certificate might work.)
- PMDC/PMC Certificate (If it is expired and you have applied for the renewal, upload the screenshot and if you have not applied for the renewal, then apply on the Online portal of PMC. Details of Online Portal)
- Distinction Certificates issued by respective university (if any)
- Work Experience Certificates
- Attempt Certificate: Number of attempts are usually mentioned in the details marks sheet. This is a certificate issued by the Principal, stating your marks and attempts in each professional.
- University Certificate showing distinction in each/any subject of university examination.
- The Foreign Graduates must also submit PDF Scan of PM&DC/ PMC Equivalence Examination Result Card / NEB Attempts.
- Research Paper Links: You need proper links (DOI Links) that open the article or its abstract directly. Only the First three authors will get the marks.
- Scanning Documents: Scan the documents in JPG or JPEG format. Don’t use a mobile scanner, as it leads to poor picture quality that leads to application rejection. Use a high-quality scanner from any shop; it hardly costs 10 rupees per document.
We designed CIP Calculator order to help the candidates calculate their aggregate before applying in Punjab Residency Program / Central Induction Policy. Candidates can compare their aggregates with the last merit of particular specialty in the last induction and make particular choices while applying for Residency.
Must Read Articles
Results of Previous Inductions
- Applications open from 27th May at 9:00 am. (Check Notice)
- Seat Distribution: http://www.upmed.net/seat-distribution-may-june-july-2021-induction/
- Research Journals Enlisted in May June July 2021 Induction: http://www.upmed.net/research-journals-enlisted-in-may-june-july-2021-induction/
- Grievances Committee: Rejected candidates of PRP (July-2021 Admission) are informed that the meeting of the Grievances Committee is going to be held w.e.f 17-Jun-2021 to 19-Jun-2021 (09:00 to 11:00). All the issues will be considered according to prevailing rules and policies. The candidates, who have genuine issues related to their marks, may appear before the committee with solid evidence. It is informed that only the amendment in applicants’ data will be allowed after due scrutiny. Please apply online to attend the grievance meeting (the application form can be seen after logging in to the PRP Portal) and bring the printout of the application along with you. Apply on this link: http://prp.phf.gop.pk/net/grievance-verification-application
- The provisional gazette was uploaded on 7th July 2021. Link: http://prp.phf.gop.pk/
- Grievances Committee meeting is going to be held at KEMU w.e.f 08-July-2021 (09:00 to 11:00).
- Read more about grievances Committee: http://www.upmed.net/grievance-committee/
- Final Merit Lists
- Please join your respective hospital / institute w.e.f. 26-07-2021 (Monday) 08AM to 27-07-2021 (Tuesday) 02 PM.
Induction before May-June 2021
- To See Results of Individual Inductions previous to May June 2021: Click here
- To see the comparative statistics of all inductions: See CIP Dashboard: Link: http://www.upmed.net/cip-dashboard-for-comparative-statistics/