- To get a residency in FCPS, MD, MS, MDS and FCPS Dentistry Programs in Govt. institutes of Punjab, candidates need to apply to Punjab Residency Program (PRP) | Central Induction Policy (CIP).
- It is an online process, i.e. candidates need to fill out the form online on the official website (http://prp.phf.gop.pk/) of PRP. (Before September 2020 induction, the official website was https://prp.punjab.gov.pk/
- If you want to apply for MCPS / Diploma in Punjab, Refer to this link for the newly introduced Induction.
- Foreign Candidates and candidates from provinces other than Punjab can also apply against a fixed quota.
June / July 2023 Induction
- Induction Notice
- Application Website
- New Induction Policy
- CIP Calculator
- Seat Distribution: FCPS, FCPS Dentistry, MD, MS, MDS
- First Gazette
- Updated Gazette
- 1st and updated Merged Gazette
- First, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Merit List
- Compiled Statistics of June / July 2023 Lists
- Statistics of June / July 2023 Lists: (Speciality Wise Only)
- Statistics of June / July 2023 Lists: (City and Speciality Wise Only)
- Consent Procedure: The process for providing consent has been updated. You are now required to download an affidavit from this link after logging in. Print the affidavit on plain paper, fill it out, and then upload the completed form in the form of an image or pdf using the same link. There are two types of affidavits available: one for consent given and another for consent not given. Please select the appropriate affidavit based on your situation. This time they have added the option of OTP (One time password). See this screenshot. Click Generate Verification Code on right bottom, you will receive an email immediately, enter that OTP as well.
We designed the CIP Calculator in order to help the candidates calculate their aggregate before applying to Punjab Residency Program / Central Induction Policy. Candidates can compare their aggregates with the last merit of a particular speciality in the last induction and make particular choices while applying for Residency.
- CIP Calculator: MBBS: Pakistani Graduates (June/ July 2023 Induction)
- CIP Calculator: BDS: Pakistani Graduates (June/ July 2023 Induction)
- CIP Calculator: MBBS/BDS: Foreign Graduates (June/ July 2023 Induction)
- OLD CIP Calculator (Jan. 2023 Induction and Before)
The total aggregate was 95 in Jan. 2023 induction but from June/July 2023 it will be 100, and the marks distributed as:
|Criteria||Marks (Jan. 2023 and Before)||Marks (June/July 2023 Induction)|
|FCPS / JCAT||40||40|
|MBBS / BDS Degree||20||20|
|Experience + University Positions||20||10+5|
|Parent Institute Preferences||5||5|
|Attempt Marks (MBBS / BDS or NLE / NEB)||–||5|
- Five Marks for Matric / 5 Marks for F.Sc (Valid from June / July 2023 Induction) (See New Notice). These marks were not counted for candidates applying at Foreign Quota (In June / July 2023 induction. See Notice).
- Forty (40) marks for JCAT or FCPS part 1 exam. All the candidates who have passed FCPS One will get 30 marks out of forty (In the December 2022 / January 2023 Induction everyone got 40 out of 40 marks). And JCAT candidates will get their marks according to their marks in JCAT (obtained marks divided by total marks then multiply the answer by 40).
- Twenty (20) marks for Degree (Islamiat and Pak. Studies marks included)
- Five (5) marks for University Positions i.e., One Mark for each position either 1st, 2nd or 3rd for MBBS students and 1.25 marks for BDS students (at the university level only, not on institutional or class level). (In July-August 2022 and Previous Inductions distinctions were counted i.e., a Maximum of two distinctions were acceptable and 2 marks were given for each distinction).
- Ten (10) marks for Experience (See the list of hospitals/institutes at this link, marks of each hospital are given).
- Experience will be counted (if served for 3 or more months) (Note: Less than 3 months will not be counted).
- 1.25 marks (for three months) will be awarded for BHU or RHC or Rural dispensaries (up to 2 years counted).
- 0.75 marks (for three months) will be awarded for THQ, Non-teaching DHQ, and Urban dispensary (up to 3 years and 4 months counted).
- 0.5 mark (for three months) will be awarded for Tertiary Healthcare Level (up to 5 years counted).
- PKLI Lahore and Multan Institute of Kidney Diseases, Multan, experience marks will be given as per the criteria of tertiary care level, i.e., 1 mark (for three months) counted up to 5 years.
- Major Hospitals of PESSI Punjab (Hospital of 100 or more beds only) and Indus Foundation Managed THQ Hospitals of Punjab and Govt. TB Sanitorium, Murree will be given marks according to THQ, Non-teaching DHQ criteria, i.e., 0.75 marks (for three months) counted up to 3 years and 4 months.
- In the case of an “Adhoc” appointment, a maximum gap of 7 days between two consecutive ad-hoc appointments in the same institute will be considered to count for the experience marks.
- Marks will be awarded only to those who worked in Punjab Govt. Hospital (Under Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department and Specialized Healthcare Department).
- No marks will be awarded for the experience of any private hospitals, Armed forces hospitals of Punjab, or other provinces. Govt. Hospitals of other provinces or private hospitals are also not counted.
- House Job: Five (5) marks for a house job from the parent institution of Punjab and 2.5 marks if not done from the parent institute (whether Govt. and Private). Read other cases of House Job in detail at this link: https://www.upmed.net/house-job-marks-for-jan-feb-2022-and-onward-inductions/
- Five marks for preferring your parent institute i.e. Institute of graduation/teaching hospital (From where MBBS/ BDS was done. This should be among Punjab Govt. Institute. Private Institutes are not included in this.)
- Five Attempt Marks.
- For Local Graduate MBBS:
- 1 mark for each professional year if more than 75% marks and done on 1st attempt
- 0.5 mark for each professional year if less than 75% marks and done on 1st attempt or more than 75% marks but done in 2nd attempt.
- For Local Graduate BDS: (This is not mentioned in the new policy but we assume this will be the criteria they have given for MBBS)
- 1.25 mark for each professional year if more than 75% marks and done in 1st attempt
- 0.625 mark for each professional year if less than 75% marks and done in 1st attempt or more than 75% mars but done in 2nd attempt.
- For Foreign Graduates (Pakistani National):
- 1.67 mark for each NEB Step if more than 75% marks and done in 1st attempt
- 0.83 mark for each professional year if less than 75% marks and done in 1st attempt or more than 75% mars but done in 2nd attempt.
- For Local Graduate MBBS:
- Not valid from June/ July 2023 Induction:
Five (5) marks for research i.e. Maximum of 2 pieces of research are acceptable and 2.5 marks for each research. Marks will be given only for the published research paper. The first three authors will get the marks. (Give Reference DOI Links of the Journals. No Credit will be given if the DOI link fails to open up.) Research Journal to be listed in JCR and HJRS. Understand this by reading this article.
- 50% of the total seats for FCPS Candidates
- 50% of the total seats for MD/MS/MDS Candidates
- 93% of seats are for Punjab
- 6% of seats are for other regions distributed as:
- 2% of seats are for foreign candidates
- 2% seats for AJK, Gilgit, Islamabad
- 2% seats for Sindh, KPK, and Baluchistan
- 1% for disabled candidates of Punjab Province (From the discipline of Anesthesia, Radiology & Pathology). Note: If you opt for disabled Quota then you won’t be able to apply in any other quota/general quota.
- Your CNIC (Front & Back)
- Profile Picture
- Domicile (Front & Back). The back is usually “white / Clear” as it has no data. But you will also upload that.
- All the Detailed Marks Certificates of MBBS / BDS. If you passed through the semester system, then it would contain eight or ten documents. Scan 2 documents together i.e. of the same year; then upload.
- House Job Certificate
- Matriculation Certificate
- MBBS Degree Certificate (If the degree is not issued yet, you can upload a token issued by University after applying for the degree. A Provisional certificate might work.)
- PMDC/PMC Certificate (If it is expired and you have applied for the renewal, upload the screenshot and if you have not applied for the renewal, then apply on the Online portal of PMC. Details of Online Portal)
- Distinction Certificates issued by respective university (if any)
- Work Experience Certificates
- Attempt Certificate: The number of attempts is usually mentioned in the details marks sheet. This is a certificate issued by the Principal, stating your marks and attempts in each professional. (Download Sample Attempt Certificate)
- University Certificate showing distinction in each/any subject of university examination.
- The Foreign Graduates must also submit a PDF Scan of the PM&DC/ PMC Equivalence Examination Result Card / NEB Attempts.
- Research Paper Links: You need proper links (DOI Links) that open the article or its abstract directly. Only the First three authors will get the marks.
- Scanning Documents: Scan the documents in JPG or JPEG format. Don’t use a mobile scanner, as it leads to poor picture quality that leads to application rejection. Use a high-quality scanner from any shop; it hardly costs 10 rupees per document.
Must Read Articles
Journal Selection for PRP / CIP Induction
Results of Previous Inductions
Dec-2022-Jan 2023 Induction
- Induction dates: 09:00 am on 15-Dec-2022 to 22-Dec-2022 till 11:59pm. (See Detailed Notice on this link)
- List of Journals which were selected in the induction
- Hospitals / Institutes enlisted in CIP PRP Portal in Dec. 2022 Jan. 2023 Induction
- Seat Distribution: FCPS, MD, MS, MDS, FCPS Dentistry
- Compiled Report about seat distribution
- 1st Grievances Meeting was conducted after initial scrutiny at KEMU (Lahore), from 02-01-2023 to 04-01-2023 (Monday to Wednesday) from 09:00 am to 11:00 am.
- The provisional gazette was uploaded on 9th Jan. 2023 early in the morning.
- 2nd Grievance Redressal Meeting was conducted after gazette on 10.01.2023 (9:30 AM – 3:00 PM) at the office of Pro-Vice-Chancellor KEMU
- First Merit List was announced on 16th Jan. 2023. Consent was to be given before 17-01-2023 (11:59:59PM).
- The second Merit List was announced on 19th Jan. 2023. Consent was to be given before Saturday i.e. 21st January 2023 (11:59:59PM). (Note: There was a glitch on the PRP website on 19th Jan. so the consent date was extended from 20th to 21st Jan.)
- The third merit list was announced on 23rd Jan. 2023. Consent was to be given before 11:59:00 PM on Tuesday i.e. 24th January 2022.
- The fourth merit list was announced on 25th Jan. 2023. Consent was to be given before 11:59:00 PM on Tuesday i.e. 26th January 2022.
- The fifth merit list has been announced on 28th Jan. 2023. Consent is to be given before 29-01-2023 (11:59:00PM).
- Joining Dates: From 30-01-2023 9:00 AM to 31-01-2023 2:00 PM
- List of Journals which were selected in the induction
Results of July 2022 and Previous Induction
- To See the Results of Individual Inductions July 2022 and Previous Induction: Click here
- To see the comparative statistics of all inductions: See CIP Dashboard: Link: https://www.upmed.net/cip-dashboard-for-comparative-statistics/
|Subscribe to Whatsapp Broadcast|
|If you want to receive the latest updates on WhatsApp; then click this link to be added to our list. You will be able to see all the updates on our Whatsapp Statuses or send a Whatsapp Message to 03042397393.|