In order to get a residency in Govt. Institutes of Punjab, candidates need to apply in Punjab Residency Program (PRP) | Central Induction Policy (CIP). Its an online process i.e. candidates need to fill the form online on the official website (http://prp.phf.gop.pk/) of PRP. (Before September 2020 induction, official website was https://prp.punjab.gov.pk/
Foreign Candidates and candidates from provinces other than Punjab can also apply against fixed quota.
September 2020 Induction updates:
- Applications were uploaded from 1st Sept. 2020, 9:00 am to 8th Sept. 2020 at 11:00 pm on the new website. Link: http://prp.phf.gop.pk/.
- The old policy was implemented.
- Challan of 1000 was to be submitted in Bank of Punjab after submission of the application and then upload to the portal.
- User Manual: http://prp.phf.gop.pk/docs/User-Manual-PRP.pdf
- See the tutorial on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3t1VcaVNts&t=1s
- 50% of the total seats for FCPS Candidates
- 50% of the total seats for MD/MS/MDS Candidates
- 94% seats are for Punjab
- 6% seats are for other regions distributed as:
- 2% seats are for foreign candidates
- 3-2% seats for AJK, GB, Baluchistan & FATA
- 2% seats for Sindh, KPK, and ICT (Islamabad capital territory)
- The quota for disabled candidates (applied since July 2018 Induction)
Merit Criteria (Current)
The total aggregate will be 100 and the marks distributed as:
- 40 marks for JCAT or FCPS part 1 exam. All the candidates who have passed FCPS One will get 30 marks out of forty. And JCAT candidates will get their marks according to their marks in JCAT.
- 20 marks for Degree (Islamiat and Pak. Studies marks included)
- 5 marks for research i.e. Maximum 2 pieces of research are acceptable and 2.5 marks for each research. Marks will be given only for the published research paper. The first three authors will get the marks.
- 20 marks for Experience and distinctions.
- Maximum three distinctions are acceptable and 2 marks for each distinction.
- Experience less than 6 months will not be counted.
- 10 marks will be awarded for one year experience of BHU or RHC or Rural dispensary and 5 marks will be awarded for one year experience of THQ, Non-teaching DHQ, and Urban dispensary.
- A notification was shared regarding Mental Hospital Lahore that those who worked in this, will get 5 marks for a year. But these 5 marks will be limited for four specialties only i.e. psychiatry, neurology, anesthesia, and Radiology. See the notice here. (Correction: This document was not signed, so this notice is not valid yet.)
- A maximum of 2 years of experience will be counted. (As per communication with few doctors, those candidates who worked for more than 2 years in THQ or non-teaching DHQ, for example, four years, they also got 20 marks).
- Marks will be awarded only to those who worked in Punjab. No marks will be awarded for the experience of tertiary care hospitals or private hospitals.
- 5 marks for graduation from the Public Institute. (Only for Punjab Institutes. Federal institutes and institutes of other provinces are not counted)
- 2.5 marks for house job from the public hospital. See Different House Job Cases. (Only for Punjab Institutes. Federal institutes and institutes of other provinces are not counted)
- 2.5 marks for preferring your parent institute i.e. Institute of graduation (From where MBBS/ BDS was done. This should be among Punjab Govt. Institute. Private Institutes are not included in this.)
- 5 marks for the number of attempts in each professional during graduation or attempts made during PMDC exams. (In Jan. 2020 Induction, these marks were not awarded.)
- See Policy at this link, See user manual for recent induction i.e. September 2020 induction.
- Your CNIC (Front & Back)
- Profile Picture
- Domicile (Front & Back). Back is usually “white / Clear” as it has no data. But you will also upload that.
- All the Detailed Marks Certificates of MBBS / BDS. If you passed through the semester system, then it would contain eight or ten documents. Scan 2 documents together i.e. of the same year; then upload.
- House Job Certificate
- Matriculation Certificate
- MBBS Degree Certificate (If degree is not issued yet, you can upload token issued by University after applying for the degree.)
- PMDC Certificate (If it is expired and you have applied for the renewal, upload the token issued by PMDC and if you have not applied for the renewal, then apply on an urgent basis in order to avoid any trouble.)
- Distinction Certificates issued by respective university (if any)
- Work Experience Certificates
- Attempt Certificate: Number of attempts are usually mentioned in the details marks sheet. This is a certificate issued by the Principal, stating your marks and attempts in each professional.
- University Certificate showing distinction in each/any subject of university examination.
- The Foreign Graduates must also summit PDF Scan of PM&DC Equivalence Examination Result Card.
- Research Paper Links: You need proper links that open the article or its abstract directly. Only the First three authors will get the marks. Important: If you need our help for the research section contact us at WhatsApp by clicking this link or contact us here
- Scanning Documents: Scan the documents in JPG or JPEG format. Don’t use a mobile scanner, as it leads to poor picture quality that leads to application rejection. Use a high-quality scanner from any shop; it hardly costs 10 rupees per document.
CIP Calculator (Current)
We designed CIP Calculator order to help the candidates calculate their aggregate before applying in Punjab Residency Program / Central Induction Policy. Candidates can compare their aggregates with the last merit of particular specialty in the last induction and make particular choices while applying for Residency.
Must Read Articles
Results of Previous Inductions
- To See Results of Individual Induction: Click here
- To see the comparative statistics of all inductions: See CIP Dashboard: Link: https://www.upmed.net/cip-dashboard-for-comparative-statistics/
Proposed Merit Criteria (New Proposed Manual)
Proposal for new merit criteria, applicable from Jan. 20201 (Not confirmed yet). (Reference: Specialized Healthcare Department website).
CIP Calculator (New Proposed Manual: Effective from Jan. 2021)
This calculator is made according to the new proposed manual for CIP induction which wil be effective from Jan. 2021. The policy is not final yet. The relevant changes will be made according to the policy. From Jan. 2021, new marks criteria will be applied. (Reference: Specialized Healthcare Department website).
|If you want to receive the latest updates on Whatsapp; then send us your number at +923042397393. We will add to our broadcast list. Don’t worry we will send one to two messages on daily basis.|