In order to get a residency in Govt. Institutes of Punjab, candidates need to apply in Punjab Residency Program (PRP) | Central Induction Policy (CIP). It’s an online process i.e. candidates need to fill the form online on the official website (http://prp.phf.gop.pk/) of PRP. (Before September 2020 induction, the official website was https://prp.punjab.gov.pk/
Foreign Candidates and candidates from provinces other than Punjab can also apply against fixed quota.
Recent Induction (May-June 2021)
- Applications open from 27th May at 9:00 am. (Check Notice)
- Application Website: http://prp.phf.gop.pk/
- See a demonstration of the application portal in this video (Click Here).
- Seat Distribution: https://www.upmed.net/seat-distribution-may-june-july-2021-induction/
- Research Journals Enlisted in May June July 2021 Induction: https://www.upmed.net/research-journals-enlisted-in-may-june-july-2021-induction/
- PRP Portal Internal Links: https://www.upmed.net/prp-portal-internal-links/
- Grievances Committee: Rejected candidates of PRP (July-2021 Admission) are informed that the meeting of the Grievances Committee is going to be held w.e.f 17-Jun-2021 to 19-Jun-2021 (09:00 to 11:00). All the issues will be considered according to prevailing rules and policies. The candidates, who have genuine issues related to their marks, may appear before the committee with solid evidence. It is informed that only the amendment in applicants’ data will be allowed after due scrutiny. Please apply online to attend the grievance meeting (the application form can be seen after logging in to the PRP Portal) and bring the printout of the application along with you. Apply on this link: http://prp.phf.gop.pk/net/grievance-verification-application
- The provisional gazette was uploaded on 7th July 2021. Link: http://prp.phf.gop.pk/
- Grievances Committee meeting is going to be held at KEMU w.e.f 08-July-2021 (09:00 to 11:00).
- Read more about grievances Committee: https://www.upmed.net/grievance-committee/
- Final Merit Lists
- Please join your respective hospital / institute w.e.f. 26-07-2021 (Monday) 08AM to 27-07-2021 (Tuesday) 02 PM.
- 50% of the total seats for FCPS Candidates
- 50% of the total seats for MD/MS/MDS Candidates
- 93% seats are for Punjab
- 6% seats are for other regions distributed as:
- 2% seats are for foreign candidates
- 2% seats for AJK, Gilgit, Islamabad
- 2% seats for Sindh, KPK, and Baluchistan
- 1% for disabled candidates of Punjab Province (From the discipline of Anesthesia, Radiology & Pathology). Note: If you opt for disable Quota then you won’t be able to apply in any other quota/general quota.
The total aggregate will be 100 and the marks distributed as:
- 40 marks for JCAT or FCPS part 1 exam. All the candidates who have passed FCPS One will get 30 marks out of forty. And JCAT candidates will get their marks according to their marks in JCAT.
- 20 marks for Degree (Islamiat and Pak. Studies marks included)
- 5 marks for research i.e. Maximum of 2 pieces of research are acceptable and 2.5 marks for each research. Marks will be given only for the published research paper. The first three authors will get the marks. (Give Reference DOI Links of the Journals. No Credit will be given if the DOI link fails to open up.) Research Journal to be listed in JCR and HJRS. Understand this by watching this video
- 20 marks for Experience and distinctions.
- Maximum two distinctions are acceptable and 2 marks for each distinction.
- Experience will be counted (if served for 3 or more months) (Note: Less than 3 months will not be counted).
- 2.5 marks (for three months) will be awarded for BHU or RHC or Rural dispensary (up to 2 years counted).
- 1.5 marks (for three months) will be awarded for THQ, Non-teaching DHQ, and Urban dispensary (up to 3 years and 4 months counted).
- 1 mark (for three months) will be awarded for Tertiary Healthcare Level (up to 5 years counted).
- In the case of an “Adhoc” appointment, a maximum gap of 7 days between two consecutive ad-hoc appointments in the same institute will be considered to count for the experience marks.
- Marks will be awarded only to those who worked in Punjab. No marks will be awarded for the experience of tertiary care hospitals of other provinces or private hospitals.
- 5 marks for house job from the govt. parent institution of Punjab. (Applicable for Jan. / July 2021 induction. See Notice). If you are a Govt. graduate from Punjab and you have done a house job from another public institute of Punjab (not your parent institute) then you will get 2.5 marks only. If you are a private graduate of Punjab and you have done a house job from the public/private institute of Punjab then you will get 2.5 marks. See Notice). If you are a foreign graduate and you have done a house job from any public hospital of Punjab then you will get 2.5 marks only (see Notice: announced on 20th Jan. 2021). Note: Nothing is mentioned in the policy if you are graduated from a province other than Punjab, but you have done your house job in the public / private hospital of Punjab.
- 5 marks for preferring your parent institute i.e. Institute of graduation/teaching hospital (From where MBBS/ BDS was done. This should be among Punjab Govt. Institute. Private Institutes are not included in this.)
- 5 marks for the number of attempts in each professional during graduation or attempts made during PMDC exams. (In Jan. 2020 Induction, these marks were not awarded.)
- (Important Note: If you are a foreign graduate and you have passed all the three steps of NEB in the first attempt then you will get 5 marks. If you passed even a single attempt in second or more attempts, then no marks will be awarded. See policy for this and this screenshot is taken from the portal in Jan. 2021 induction)
- The updated policy announced on 11th March 2021
- The policy announced on 23rd December
- Notice for Change of House Job Marks (29th Dec. 2020)
- Notice for Change of House Job Marks (12th Jan. 2021)
- Notice for Change of House Job Marks for Foreign Graduates (20th Jan. 2021)
- Old Policy for inductions in/before October 2020
- Your CNIC (Front & Back)
- Profile Picture
- Domicile (Front & Back). Back is usually “white / Clear” as it has no data. But you will also upload that.
- All the Detailed Marks Certificates of MBBS / BDS. If you passed through the semester system, then it would contain eight or ten documents. Scan 2 documents together i.e. of the same year; then upload.
- House Job Certificate
- Matriculation Certificate
- MBBS Degree Certificate (If the degree is not issued yet, you can upload a token issued by University after applying for the degree. A Provisional certificate might work.)
- PMDC/PMC Certificate (If it is expired and you have applied for the renewal, upload the screenshot and if you have not applied for the renewal, then apply on the Online portal of PMC. Details of Online Portal)
- Distinction Certificates issued by respective university (if any)
- Work Experience Certificates
- Attempt Certificate: Number of attempts are usually mentioned in the details marks sheet. This is a certificate issued by the Principal, stating your marks and attempts in each professional.
- University Certificate showing distinction in each/any subject of university examination.
- The Foreign Graduates must also submit PDF Scan of PM&DC/ PMC Equivalence Examination Result Card / NEB Attempts.
- Research Paper Links: You need proper links (DOI Links) that open the article or its abstract directly. Only the First three authors will get the marks.
- Scanning Documents: Scan the documents in JPG or JPEG format. Don’t use a mobile scanner, as it leads to poor picture quality that leads to application rejection. Use a high-quality scanner from any shop; it hardly costs 10 rupees per document.
We designed CIP Calculator order to help the candidates calculate their aggregate before applying in Punjab Residency Program / Central Induction Policy. Candidates can compare their aggregates with the last merit of particular specialty in the last induction and make particular choices while applying for Residency.
Must Read Articles
Results of Previous Inductions
- To See Results of Individual Induction: Click here
- To see the comparative statistics of all inductions: See CIP Dashboard: Link: https://www.upmed.net/cip-dashboard-for-comparative-statistics/
|Subscribe to WhatsApp Broadcast|
|If you want to receive the latest updates on WhatsApp; then send us your number at +923042397393. We will add to our broadcast list. Don’t worry we will send one to two messages on daily basis.|