In order to get a residency in Govt. Institutes of Punjab, candidates need to apply in Punjab Residency Program (PRP) | Central Induction Policy (CIP). Its an online process i.e. candidates need to fill the form online on the official website (http://prp.phf.gop.pk/) of PRP. (Before September 2020 induction, official website was https://prp.punjab.gov.pk/
Foreign Candidates and candidates from provinces other than Punjab can also apply against fixed quota.
- 50% of the total seats for FCPS Candidates
- 50% of the total seats for MD/MS/MDS Candidates
- 93% seats are for Punjab
- 6% seats are for other regions distributed as:
- 2% seats are for foreign candidates
- 2% seats for AJK, Gilgit, Islamabad
- 2% seats for Sindh, KPK, and Balochistan
- 1% for disabled candidates of Punjab Province (From the discipline of Anesthesia, Radiology & Pathology)
The total aggregate will be 100 and the marks distributed as:
- 40 marks for JCAT or FCPS part 1 exam. All the candidates who have passed FCPS One will get 30 marks out of forty. And JCAT candidates will get their marks according to their marks in JCAT.
- 20 marks for Degree (Islamiat and Pak. Studies marks included)
- 5 marks for research i.e. Maximum of 2 pieces of research are acceptable and 2.5 marks for each research. Marks will be given only for the published research paper. The first three authors will get the marks. (Give Reference DOI Links of the Journals. No Credit will be given if the DOI link fails to open up.) Research Journal to be listed in JCR and HJRS.
- 20 marks for Experience and distinctions.
- Maximum two distinctions are acceptable and 2 marks for each distinction.
- Experience will be counted (if served for 3 or more months) (Note: Less than 3 months will not be counted).
- 2.5 marks (for three months) will be awarded for BHU or RHC or Rural dispensary (up to 2 years counted).
- 1.5 marks (for three months) will be awarded for THQ, Non-teaching DHQ, and Urban dispensary (up to 3 years and 4 months counted).
- 1 mark (for three months) will be awarded for Tertiary Healthcare Level (up to 5 years counted).
- In the case of an “Adhoc” appointment, a maximum gap of 7 days between two consecutive ad-hoc appointments in the same institute will be considered to count for the experience marks.
- Marks will be awarded only to those who worked in Punjab. No marks will be awarded for the experience of tertiary care hospitals or private hospitals.
- 5 marks for house job from the govt. parent institution of Punjab. (Applicable for Jan. / July 2021 induction. See Notice). If you are a Govt. graduate from Punjab and you have done a house job from another public institute of Punjab (not your parent institute) then you will get 2.5 marks only. If you are a private graduate of Punjab and you have done a house job from the public/private institute of Punjab then you will get 2.5 marks. See Notice). If you are a foreign graduate and you have done a house job from any public hospital of Punjab then you will get 2.5 marks only (see Notice: announced on 20th Jan. 2021). Note: Nothing is mentioned in the policy if you are graduated from a province other than Punjab, but you have done your house job in public / private hospital of Punjab.
- 5 marks for preferring your parent institute i.e. Institute of graduation/teaching hospital (From where MBBS/ BDS was done. This should be among Punjab Govt. Institute. Private Institutes are not included in this.)
- 5 marks for the number of attempts in each professional during graduation or attempts made during PMDC exams. (In Jan. 2020 Induction, these marks were not awarded.)
- (Important Note: If you are a foreign graduate and you have passed all the three steps of NEB in the first attempt then you will get 5 marks. If you passed even a single attempt in second or more attempts, then no marks will be awarded. See policy for this and this screenshot is taken from the portal in Jan. 2021 induction)
- The updated policy announced on 11th March 2021
- The policy announced on 23rd December
- Notice for Change of House Job Marks (29th Dec. 2020)
- Notice for Change of House Job Marks (12th Jan. 2021)
- Notice for Change of House Job Marks for Foreign Graduates (20th Jan. 2021)
- Old Policy for inductions in/before October 2020
- Your CNIC (Front & Back)
- Profile Picture
- Domicile (Front & Back). Back is usually “white / Clear” as it has no data. But you will also upload that.
- All the Detailed Marks Certificates of MBBS / BDS. If you passed through the semester system, then it would contain eight or ten documents. Scan 2 documents together i.e. of the same year; then upload.
- House Job Certificate
- Matriculation Certificate
- MBBS Degree Certificate (If degree is not issued yet, you can upload token issued by University after applying for the degree. Provisional might work.)
- PMDC/PMC Certificate (If it is expired and you have applied for the renewal, upload the token issued by PMDC and if you have not applied for the renewal, then apply on an urgent basis in order to avoid any trouble.)
- Distinction Certificates issued by respective university (if any)
- Work Experience Certificates
- Attempt Certificate: Number of attempts are usually mentioned in the details marks sheet. This is a certificate issued by the Principal, stating your marks and attempts in each professional.
- University Certificate showing distinction in each/any subject of university examination.
- The Foreign Graduates must also submit PDF Scan of PM&DC/ PMC Equivalence Examination Result Card / NEB Attempts.
- Research Paper Links: You need proper links (DOI Links) that open the article or its abstract directly. Only the First three authors will get the marks. Important: If you need our help for the research section contact us at WhatsApp by clicking this link or contact us here
- Scanning Documents: Scan the documents in JPG or JPEG format. Don’t use a mobile scanner, as it leads to poor picture quality that leads to application rejection. Use a high-quality scanner from any shop; it hardly costs 10 rupees per document.
CIP Calculator (New: 23rd Dec. 2020)
We designed CIP Calculator order to help the candidates calculate their aggregate before applying in Punjab Residency Program / Central Induction Policy. Candidates can compare their aggregates with the last merit of particular specialty in the last induction and make particular choices while applying for Residency.
Must Read Articles
Results of Previous Inductions
- To See Results of Individual Induction: Click here
- To see the comparative statistics of all inductions: See CIP Dashboard: Link: https://www.upmed.net/cip-dashboard-for-comparative-statistics/
|Subscribe to Whatsapp Broadcast|
|If you want to receive the latest updates on Whatsapp; then send us your number at +923042397393. We will add to our broadcast list. Don’t worry we will send one to two messages on daily basis.|