- 2% seats for AJK, Gilgit, Islamabad
- 2% seats for Sindh, KPK, and Baluchistan
The total aggregate will be 95 or 100 (with reference to attempt marks), and the marks distributed as:
- 40 marks for JCATor FCPS part 1 exam. All the candidates who have passed FCPS One will get 30 marks out of forty. And JCAT candidates will get their marks according to their marks in JCAT.
- 20 marks for Degree (Islamiat and Pak. Studies marks included)
- 5 marks for research i.e. Maximum of 2 pieces of research are acceptable and 2.5 marks for each research. Marks will be given only for the published research paper. The first three authors will get the marks. (Give Reference DOI Links of the Journals. No Credit will be given if the DOI link fails to open up.) Research Journal to be listed in JCRand HJRS. Understand this by watching this video
- 20 marks for Experience and distinctions. Marks will be awarded only to those who worked in Punjab. No marks will be awarded for the experience of tertiary care hospitals in other provinces or private hospitals.
- Maximum of two distinctions are acceptable and 2 marks for each distinction.
- Experience will be counted (if served for 3 or more months) (Note: Less than 3 months will not be counted).
- 5 marks (for three months) will be awarded for BHU or RHC or Rural dispensary (up to 2 years counted).
- 5 marks (for three months) will be awarded for THQ, Non-teaching DHQ, and Urban dispensary (up to 3 years and 4 months counted).
- 1 mark (for three months) will be awarded for Tertiary Healthcare Level (up to 5 years counted).
- In the case of an “Adhoc” appointment, a maximum gap of 7 days between two consecutive ad-hoc appointments in the same institute will be considered to count for the experience marks.
- House Job: Five marks for house job from the parent institution of Punjab and 2.5 marks if not done from the parent institute. Read other cases of House Job in detail at this link: https://www.upmed.net/house-job-marks-for-jan-feb-2022-and-onward-inductions/
- Five marks for preferring your parent institute i.e. Institute of graduation/teaching hospital of Punjab (From where MBBS/ BDS was done. This should be among Punjab Govt. Institute. Private Institutes are not included in this.)
- Attempt Marks (In Jan. 2020 and Jan. 2022 Induction, these marks were not awarded.): For Pakistani Graduates: Five marks for the number of attempts in each professional during graduation. For foreign graduates: If someone passed all the three steps of NEB in the first attempt then he/she will get five marks. If he/she passed even a single step in a second or more attempt, then no marks will be awarded. (See policy for this and this screenshot is taken from the portal in Jan. 2021 induction).