Joint Centralized Admission Test (JCAT) was introduced in 2016 by the Health Department with the cooperation of King Edward Medical University Lahore, University of Health Sciences Lahore and Fatima Jinnah University Lahore. It is an entrance test for admissions in MD/MS/MDS programs in various Public Institutes/Hospitals of Punjab. In the private sector, Sharif Medical City Lahore requires this test for admission in its programs.
Purpose of the test:
- After this test, candidates can apply in Punjab Residency Program (Central Induction Policy) for admissions.
- After this test, candidates can apply in Shaikh Zayed Hospital /FPGMI Lahore for admissions in MD/MS /MDS admissions
- Candidates doing house job are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates from other provinces can also apply.
- There is no negative marking.
- If you pass the test will a low score, you can retake the test in order to improve your previous scores. If you fail to improve, your previous marks remain valid.
- They ask for permanent PMDC. If your PMDC is expired, submit an application for the renewal of PMDC in PMDC Office Islamabad or PMDC suboffice Sheikh Zayed PGMI Lahore or any other regional office. A token is issued at that time. You can attach that token at the time of application. You can read the details here.
2020 Proposed Schedule:
|March||15th March||Postponed. No new date announced. Reason: Corona Emergency. See Notification|
|April||12th April||Proposed Date|
|August||9th August||Proposed Date|
|October||11th October||Proposed Date|
March 2020: It was going to be held on 15th March 2020. But has been postponed due to Corona Emergency. See Notification. No new date has been announced yet.
October 2019: It was held on 6th October. The result was announced on 7th October.
|How to prepare for this exam|
|How to Apply for the Exam|
|Roll No. 1940001-1940481|
|Roll No. 1940482-1940961|
|Roll No. 1940962-1941442|
|Roll No. 1941443-1941922|
|Roll No. 1941923-1942563|
August 2019: It was held on 4th August 2019.
April 2019: It was held on 7th April 2019 and the result was announced on 8th April 2019.
|Summary of the result|
|How to prepare for this exam|
|Apply for the Exam|
February 2019: It was held on 10th Feb. 2019. The result was declared on 11th Feb. 2019. The pass percentage was 16.91%.
October 2018: It was held on 7th October 2018 (Sunday) and the result was announced on 8th October 2018.
|Examination Schedule JCAT 2018|
|Paper Pattern for MD-MS & MDS|
|MD-MS 189001 – 1890750|
|MD-MS 1890751 – 1891500|
|MD-MS 1891501 – 1892250|
|MD-MS 1892251- 1892892|
August 2018: It will be held on 5th August 2018 (Sunday). The advertisement was announced on 8th July 2018 (See advertisement)
April 2018: It was held on 8th April 2018 and the result was announced on 11th April 2018
Feb 2018: It was held on 11th February 2018 and the result was announced on 12th Feb 2018
October 2017: Held on 18th October 2017
May 2017: Held on 14th May 2017
|Summary of Result|
|MD / MS 1770001-to-1771504 Result|
|MD / MS 1773001-to-1774488 Result|
|Final Result Notification of MD / MS (After VPCE)|
|Final Result Notification of MDS (After VPCE)|
February 2017: The test was taken by UHS on 5th February 2017, for vacant training slots in MD/MS courses.
January 2017: The special test was taken for Induction in Anesthesia. No Record Available
November 2016: Held on 17th November 2016: See Summary of Result
July 2016: Held on 28th May 2016: Summary of Result
|If you want to receive the latest updates on Whatsapp; then send us your number at +923042397393. We will add to our broadcast list. Don’t worry we will send one to two messages on daily basis.|