UHS (University of Health Sciences) conducts an entrance test for admissions in M.Phil. , Diplomas, MPH or Master courses. It is conducted once yearly. After the entry test candidates can apply to follow Public Institutes:
- University of Health Sciences Lahore
- Post Graduate Medical Institute / Lahore General Hospital Lahore
- Allama Iqbal Medical College Lahore
- Sheikh Zayed Hospital Lahore
- Nishtar Medical University Multan
- Institute of Public Health Lahore
- Faisalabad Medical University Faisalabad
- Children Hospital Lahore
Time Frame of Entrance Test:
In 2021, it was conducted on 15th August 2021.
- You need to pass the exam by getting 50%. If you are less than 50%, you will not be able to apply in any course i.e., M.Phil., Masters or Diploma.
- The Allama Iqbal Medical College requires 60%.
Paper: Following is the test pattern:
|Computer / I.T skills||15 MCQs|
|Research Methodology||15 MCQs|
|Analytical Reasoning||30 MCQs|
Q: What will be the stipend?
A: If you are on deputation; then you will get the salary as per your scale. If you are a private candidate; then:
- PGMI / Allama Iqbal / Sheikh Zayed gives a regular stipend (73-80K) if on the paid seat.
- UHS gives a 10K stipend only.
- Diplomas are usually unpaid
- I can not confirm IPH and Nishtar.
Q: Is GAT General necessary to apply to the above-mentioned institutes?
A: No, the above-mentioned institutes only ask for the UHS entrance test. GAT General is necessary for admissions in King Edward Medical University and Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University Islamabad