UHS (University of Health Sciences) conducts an entrance test for admissions in M.Phil. , Diplomas, MPH or Master courses. It is conducted once yearly. After entry test candidates can apply in following Public Institutes:
- University of Health Sciences Lahore
- Post Graduate Medical Institute / Lahore General Hospital Lahore
- Allama Iqbal Medical College Lahore
- Sheikh Zayed Hospital Lahore
- Nishter Medical University Multan
- Institute of Public Health Lahore
- Rawalpindi Medical University Rawalpindi (Not announced since 2-3 years)
- Faisalabad Medical University Faisalabad (Not announced since 2-3 years)
- Children Hospital Lahore (Not announced since 2-3 years)
It is usually conducted in the month of November / December. Applications are online i.e. you need to fill the form after submitting the fee of 1000 (challan/draft).
Paper: Following is the test pattern:
|Computer / I.T skills||15 MCQs|
|Research Methodology||15 MCQs|
|Analytical Reasoning||30 MCQs|
This material will help you to get an idea and prepare for the exam.
- Computer Notes
- Research Notes 1
- Research Notes 2
- Analytical Reasoning Notes 1
- Analytical Reasoning Notes 2
- Use NTS General Book for English Portion.
Q: What will be the stipend?
A: If you are on deputation; then you will get the salary as per your scale. If you are a private candidate; then:
- PGMI / Allama Iqbal / Sheikh Zayed gives regular stipend (73-80K) if on the paid seat.
- UHS gives a 10K stipend only.
- Diplomas are usually unpaid
- I can not confirm IPH and Nishtar.
Q: Is GAT General necessary to apply in the above-mentioned institutes?
A: No, the above-mentioned institutes only ask for the UHS entrance test. GAT General is necessary for admissions in King Edward Medical University and Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University Islamabad
Q: Can one do M.Phil. / Diploma / Masters Part-time / at weekends?
A: As per recent PMDC rules and regulations, M.Phil. / Diploma / Masters degree cannot be done as part-time or at weekends. If any university is offering part-time/weekend classes; please check for its PMDC recognition.
Q: Can one do M.Phil. / Diploma / Masters with Job?
A: If you are doing Job in the mornings then it is not possible. Students usually do evening or night jobs.
Q: Can one do M.Phil. / Diploma / Masters along with FCPS/MD-MS-MDS training?
A: No, it is not possible, as per PMDC rules you cannot do two degrees at one time.
|Subscribe to Whatsapp Broadcast|
|If you want to receive the latest updates on Whatsapp; then send us your number at +923042397393. We will add to our broadcast list. Don’t worry we will send one to two messages on daily basis.|